Regular preventative maintenance will help extend your boat’s life and ensure everyone stays safe while on the water.
The following steps should be taken to ensure your boat is always ready for use:
- Refer to your owner’s manual for oil change recommendations.
- Inspect all belts and hoses and replace any components that show signs of wear.
- Inspect all fluid levels, oil levels, and battery condition before every voyage.
- Make sure there are no signs of corrosion or oxidation and take measures before there is a problem.
- Service your transmission as recommended by the manufacturer.
Additional maintenance should also be followed:
- Use only manufacturer-approved marine parts.
- Store your boat only in dry places out of direct sunlight.
- Always check fittings that go through the hull, such as engine-cooling intakes.
- Taking care of your boat will lead to better fuel efficiency and a longer life span. Always clean and wax the decks and hull of your ship. While cleaning, closely inspect for any damage.
- Don’t neglect electrical connections. Regularly clean and grease all connections to prevent corrosion.