Frequently Asked Questions
Need help? Here are the answers to the questions iLearnToBoat students most frequently ask.
- How does the auto-extension feature work?
The iLearnToBoat Course is valid for only 90 days from the time of registration and payment. If you are not able to complete this course within 90 days, the course will be automatically renewed for another 30 days. Your credit card will be charged $15 for each renewal. You can turn off the auto-extension feature at any time. Just uncheck the box beside “Automatically renew my course” available on your Profile page or Payment page.
- Is it safe to enter my credit card information online?
You can enter your credit card information online with confidence on our secure server. This charge will appear on your credit card statement as "Safety Courses 18008302268."
Course Approval and Acceptance
- Is my iLearnToBoat certificate of completion accepted elsewhere?
For visiting boaters, all states, territories, and provinces will recognize boating education cards that meet NASBLA requirements and Canadian Pleasure Craft Operator Cards that meet Transport Canada’s requirements.
Taking the Course
- How long will it take to complete the course?
Typically, it takes about 3 hours to go through the online course, excluding any quizzes and/or exams and re-studying that you may choose to do.
- Do I have to complete the course all at once?
You may complete the course at your own pace. The course can be completed in one sitting or completed a little at a time over several days. All pay-up-front courses are available for 90 days from time of registration and payment.
Replacement of Lost or Damaged Documents
- How do I replace my iLearnToBoat online course completion document if I’ve lost it or it has been damaged?
To replace a lost or destroyed proof of course completion document, log in to the course and print a new one.
Accessing the Course on a Mobile Device
- What is the ilearntoboat app?
- How do I use the app?
Launch the app and and log in using the username and password you created when you registered. (If you haven’t registered, you will need to do so before you can use the app.)
- Do I need an Internet connection to use the app?
You will need an Internet connection to download and log in to the app. You will also need an Internet connection to take the final exam, but you can complete the interactive boating adventure on the mobile app without an Internet connection.
- Can I do part of the course on desktop and part on mobile?
Yes, you can start and continue on either version, and your progress is saved. However, when using the mobile app, you will need to connect to the Internet on your mobile device for your progress to be transferred to the desktop version.
Username and Password
- Where do I change my user information?
If you need to update your profile information or change your password, click on your username in the navigation bar at the top of the web page in the course. Re-submit your revised information using the form provided.
- How do I reset my password?
If you forget your password, you can reset it from the Forgot Your Password page. You will need to enter your username and the email from your profile, and an email containing the link to reset your password will be sent. There is also a link to the Forgot Your Password? page on the Log In page for your convenience.
- What does the message "Your session has expired due to inactivity" mean?
If you have not been active within the course for more than 15 minutes, you will automatically be logged out of your session. A notice stating, “Your session has expired due to inactivity” will appear at the top of the course. Log back in, and you can continue interacting with the course. Your progress will have been recorded, and you should be able to continue where you left off in the course.
- What happens if I get disconnected from the Internet?
If you are disconnected from the Internet, simply log back in and pick up where you left off. Your progress will be saved.
- How can I contact customer support, if I have a question that isn’t covered here?
You may call us at 1-844-300-0533 to speak with a customer service representative, Monday through Friday from 8AM to 8PM CST and Saturday and Sunday from 8AM to 5PM CST.
- What are the minimum system requirements to access this course?
- A computer or mobile device with Internet access;
- A soundcard and speakers or headphones;
- A printer to print your course completion document;
- Browser must support WebGL.
Recent versions of MS Edge, Chrome, Safari, Firefox are supported.
(To check WebGL support go to https://get.webgl.org.)
- Can I access the course on my mobile device?
To take (or continue) the course on a mobile device, you must download the appropriate app. After downloading the app, login using the same username and password you created during registration.